(1) The Department of Personnel and Administrative Reform (Administrative Reform) is responsible for implementing initiatives that improve Governance. It is also responsible for overseeing the training and capacity building of the Government employees. In the recent past, the Department has spearheaded the implementation of e-office across all departments in the Secretariat and is now focusing on extending the implementation to state level offices and certain selected district level offices, in furtherance of its objective to usher in paperless e-office. The department is also implementing other initiatives like online Performance Appraisal System for the group A officers of the State, publication of e-gazette etc.
The department has five main divisions, each with a designated area of responsibility.
The training section is responsible for dealing with the service matters of Administrative Training Institute, Mysuru (ATI) and Secretariat Training Institute, Bengaluru (STI) and also for planning, releasing and monitoring expenditure of ATI and STI. This division is also responsible for overseeing the functioning of Karnataka NRI Forum. Another important activity of this division is to facilitate conferring of State, department or district Sarvothama awards on Government Officials who have done exemplary work in their areas of responsibility. In order to promote innovation in Government, this division is also implementing the Challenge Fund under which grants are released for implementation of innovative Projects having scope for scaling up.
2. Work Study:
This division takes up study relating to man power re-organisation in Government departments either suomoto or on the request from the concerned departments. In addition, this division is also responsible for organising monthly meeting of all Secretaries to the departments for review of progress by the Chief Secretary. In addition, this division also co-ordinates the conduct of the conference of the Deputy Commissioner / Chief Executive Officers.
3 Political Pension:
Karnataka State Freedom Fighter’s Honorarium programme was implemented vide Government Order No.GAD 94 PFS 68, dated 21.02.1969 for honouring State Freedom Fighters who have undergone imprisonment and to those who have served the country by being underground. The State Government grants honorarium to those who have participated in the following movements.
- Forest Sathyagraha
- 1942 quit India movement
- 1947 Independent movement
- Mysore Chalo movement
- Hyderabad liberation movement.
6152 Freedom Fighters are receiving honorarium and family pension in the State as on date. Similarly 842 people in the State are receiving state honorarium for participating in the Goa liberation movement.
The State Freedom Fighters and State Family pensioners are awarded Rs.10,000/- per month as honorarium and pension in the State. The Goa Freedom Fighers are the pensioners are awarded Rs.4,000/- per month as honorarium in the State
Surprise inspections and Attendance checks of the Government departments are being carried out by this section. Steps have been taken to record the attendance of officers / officials of all the Government department in state through biometric attendance system.
This section organises meetings under the Chairmanship of the Chief Secretary to Government to examine the pendency of files and receipts in all the department of secretariat.
In order to improve the efficiency, transparency in administration e-office System in all the secretariat department has been implemented by issuing G.O. dated 01.05.2019. Steps have been taken to manage the annual performance report of all Group A officers in the state online through e-performance reporting system from 2018-19.
5. Receipt, Remittance and Co-ordination:
DPAR(AR) has created Receipt, Remittance and Coordination Section on 29.03.2019 vide Official Memorandum No.DPAR 02 ARDS 2019.
(2) Subordinate Organizations of the Department of Personnel and Administrative Reform (Administrative Reform) are:
- Administrative Training Institute, Mysuru
- District Training Institutes under ATI
- Karnataka Government Secretariat Training Institute, Bengaluru
- NRI Forum, Karnataka.